SAFE DRINKING WATER PURIFICATION APPLICATIONS 

Whether you are remote back-country hiking, without a safe drinking water source after a major storm, preparing for a major world event that may leave areas without critical infrastructure or just spending a day outdoors and run out of clean drinking water, there are many reasons why a person needs to have access to safe drinking water. The World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF published findings in 2017 that 783 million (or 1 in 9) people do not have access to clean and safe drinking water and this leads to many water-related diseases, like cholera, typhoid and dysentery. Nearly 1 out of every 5 deaths under the age of 5 worldwide are due to water-related disease. This doesn’t have to be the case.   

SAFE DRINKING WATER IS EASY AND AVAILABLE

Today there is a better and safer alternative to chlorine or iodine, that is chlorine dioxide. While chlorine is in the name, there is not actually any chlorine in the product. Chlorine dioxide, or CLO2, is a highly effective oxidizing agent and can disinfect and sanitize water at much lower concentrations than chlorine, has none of the harmful by-products that chlorine has, and has none of the foul taste that iodine typically has. In fact, chlorine dioxide can actually make the water taste better!

TwinOxide-USA Inc., is the sole importer in the United States and Canada of TwinOxide. TwinOxide produces a 99.9% pure solution of CLO2 through a simple addition of two tablets for a 1,000 PPM concentration solution. TwinOxide kills all waterborne microorganisms, including spores, bacteria, viruses, protozoa, fungi, yeast and algae at a much broader range than chlorine. 

Adding TwinOxide

Using one set of tablets from a TwinOxide 1 gram tablet kit produces 100 mL of 1,000 ppm concentration of 99.9% pure ClO2. Treating water to WHO disinfection standards takes just 8 drops for a liter (or 30 drops for a gallon), so you can disinfect up to 67 gallons of water per set of tablets and there are 6 sets in the kit, allowing for up to 400 gallons of water to be treated.

It’s as easy as filling the small bottle with 100 mL of water, adding a tablet A and a tablet B into the water and waiting for 3 hours for maximum effectiveness of the solution. It is important to keep the bottle out of direct sunlight as ClO2 is degraded by UV light, but, by keeping the bottle out of direct sunlight, the solution will be maintain maximum concentration for at least 30 days. The tablets themselves have a 5 year shelf life.

Remember, you can always reach out to us if you have any questions or need any additional information, we are always here to help.

Take care and enjoy your clean and safe drinking water!

 

%d bloggers like this: